Who we are
Looking for a career in an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming? You have come to the right place.
We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures.
We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members.
For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People’s Strategy is empowering our employees with outstanding training and development support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
Aim of the position
Supervises and delivers an excellent service to Guests in the assigned specialty outlet increasing profitability. Trains, motivates, mentors and provides regular constructive feedback to the team to achieve service and sales goals
- Assures that set up of the Pay restaurant is ready for the opening in compliance with the checklist and supervises that music, lights and furniture are adequate before the service starts and supervises the service by being full responsible of the location from opening to closing
- Supervises cleaning, maintenance and sanitation in order to assure adherence to HACCP standard and guarantee proper food waste separation and reports any kind of problem noticed during inspections
- Interacts with Guests and verifies that service delivery of the assigned Pay Restaurant is excellent, checking that food and beverage service is promptly delivered in order to assure an absolute customer satisfaction on a daily basis
- Reviews all revenues figures of the assigned area being responsible to achieve sales and targets, finding solutions to increase sales when low business attendance is impacting Company targets
- Assists Guests in case of particular dietary needs and assures that the diet is respected, through verifying that the menu respects Guest needs, in collaboration with the Chef or the Sous Chef
- Is responsible of the Pay Restaurant Reservation System in order to guarantee that correct service delivery is provided by the staff
- Observes each crewmember’s performance using the role description guide and delivers prompt and appropriate correction, improvement, or reinforcement through proper training
- At the end of the shift verifies that extra requisitions are correctly recorded and entered in the accounting system in order to guarantee the traceability of the information
- Is responsible to ensure that special occurrences (i.e. special parties and occasions, birthday parties) are followed up, in order to assure adequate arrangement of the event
- Fills in a report for the Restaurant Manager at the end of every service to supervise the trend of the assigned Pay Restaurant
- Organizes regular audits, spot checks and weekly controls in order to guarantee that inventory is aligned to warehouse stock
- Facilitate a work environment that supports a successful safety culture. Is responsible for ensuring that his/her team implements and maintains an effective Hess management system. Enforce and promote Safety procedures in the team/Department under responsibility.
- Follows the instructions received as per protocol applied on Covid-19 spread prevention rules
- Supports an effective health and safety culture proactively informing Guest on any infringement or missing application of procedures and reporting to the Head of Department the critical situation
- Maintains a high responsible approach applying social distancing rules also during non-working activities
- Supports the new organization of the onboard activity performing tasks enhancing health standards (i.e. temperature screening, sanitization of the working place, instructions to passengers)
- Hotel School Diploma
- At least 2 years’ experience on cruise ships in similar management position or in a high volume and/or self-service restaurants (500+ seats) in 4/5 stars hotels. Multiple unit management is equally valuable.
- Powerful leading skills and business orientation
- Problem solving oriented
- Computer literacy
- English knowledge B2
- Other 1 European language (within Italian, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese) knowledge B1
- Shipboard experience is a plus
Why join us
We are excited to have you on the team! As a member of the Costa Crociere W.I.D.E.R. Community, you will be empowered with specific trainings and development support to fuel your growth both personally and professionally. We will provide you the necessary arrangements and pay for your travel to and from the port. Meals and accommodation are included onboard, as well as many facilities to enjoy your free time: Gym, Beach, Bar, Internet Point, onboard discounts