Sales & Marketing Manager
Who we are
Looking for a career in an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming? You have come to the right place.
We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures.
We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members.
For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People’s Strategy is empowering our employees with outstanding training and development support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
Aim of the Position
According to Company policies and procedures the Sales & Marketing Manager coordinates all on-board revenue outlets and their performances, creating additional revenue spend opportunities from guests. Leading Tours, Casino, Photo, Shops, Spa departments and digital services delivers cross-marketing and sales strategies to optimize on board revenue generation according to an effective flow management of guests. Responsible of the Communication Unit, leverages on all available channels to maximize profits, achieve revenue targets, and enhance guests NPS and eNPS. As a company values Ambassador provides an inspirational example of leadership in line with Culture Essentials and W.I.D.E.R. Values.
The Sales & Marketing MAnager is a key member of the vessel’s Senior Manager team. This role leads Tours, Casino, Photo, Shops, Spa departments and digital services delivering cross-marketing and sales strategies to optimize on board revenue generation according to an effective flow management of guests. Leveraging on all available communication channels aims at maximizing profits and enhancing guests brand perception and overall satisfaction. The Sales & Marketing Director fosters a collaborative leadership of all departments within hotel operations, while personally exhibiting the Costa Values and Culture Essentials.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyzing pre-cruise data about guest mix, special services, and particular requirements according to the cruise itinerary to maximize Onboard Revenue NPS and eNPS.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of all marketing activities across the Onboard Revenue Departments (i.e. Spa, Shops, Shorex, Photo, Casino).
- Hosting Onboard Revenues meetings, performing regular inspections and taking necessary actions to maximize revenues coordinating the different Onboard Revenue partners.
- Identifying market trends and recommending actions to the Onboard Revenue partners while daily reviewing performance and monitoring the onboard sales dashboard.
- Involving the relevant department heads to constantly monitor guests perception and adjusts the Onboard Sales strategy accordingly to meet their expectations.
- Communicating with shoreside Onboard Revenue Departments to guarantee consistency with the onboard marketing and sales materials in accordance with the Company’s standards and guidelines.
- Keeping accurate and up-to-date onboard revenue notes to be shared with shoreside for further enhancements.
- Supporting ongoing or new marketing promotions and merchandising, monitoring instant feedback systems and SA&PI, analyzing purchase behaviors preferences and consumption trends, suggesting appropriate actions to shoreside. If necessary, administering onboard guest surveys.
- Guaranteeing that all communication channels used to promote onboard products and services comply with the brand standards.
- Guaranteeing that all written communication contents produced by the Communication Unit are consistent and match with the style and layout of the company visual identity guidelines.
- Monitoring cost efficiency to match targets set by company.
- Scheduling daily revenue-generating activities with the Onboard Sales partners and Entertainment to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Keeping the Hotel General Manager informed of any deviation from revenue target, focusing on quality or service issues (i.e. retail products assortment, technical or manning issues affecting performance) related to Onboard Revenue department.
- Guaranteeing within the Onboard Revenue departments the proper execution of the operations committed to delivering a high-quality service to maximize NPS.
- Bridging shoreside and shipside strategy ensuring the correct implementation, and proactively communicating to shoreside partners results and improvement suggestions.
- Fostering a cohesive sales team and constantly sharing results with the Hotel General Manager and shoreside Onboard Revenues Direction.
- Ensuring all the revenue teams are properly and constantly trained about the correct approach and interaction with guests using the proper tone of voice and language.
- Directing, supporting, supervising, and evaluating the team performance, which includes management of Tour Manager, Casino Manager, Photo Manager, Shop Manager, Spa Manager and Digital Assistant, to ensure efficient On Board Sales operation.
- Facilitating a work environment that supports a successful safety culture. Responsible for ensuring that the team implements and maintains an effective HESS management system. Enforcing and promoting Safety procedures in the team/Department under responsibility.
- Following the instructions received as per protocol applied on Covid-19 spread prevention rules.
- Supporting an effective health and safety culture proactively informing Guest on any infringement or missing application of procedures and reporting to the Head of Department the critical situation.
- Maintaining a high responsible approach applying social distancing rules also during non-working activities.
- Supporting the new organization of the onboard activity performing tasks enhancing health standards (i.e. temperature screening, sanitization of the working place, instructions to passengers)
- Degree in Marketing & Communication, Business Administration or Hospitality
- At least 5 years’ Experience in Marketing, Hospitality or Retail in Revenue or Marketing positions.
- Problem solving oriented
- Computer literacy
- Italian knowledge C1
- English knowledge C1
- Other 2 European languages (within French, German, Spanish, Portuguese) knowledge B2
- Shipboard experience is a plus
Why join us
We are excited to have you on the team! As a member of the Costa Crociere W.I.D.E.R. Community, you will be empowered with specific trainings and development support to fuel your growth both personally and professionally. We will provide you the necessary arrangements and pay for your travel to and from the port. Meals and accommodation are included onboard, as well as many facilities to enjoy your free time: Gym, Beach, Bar, Internet Point, onboard discounts