Onboard Learning Officer
Who we are
Looking for a career in an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming? You have come to the right place.
We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures.
We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members.
For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People’s Strategy is empowering our employees with outstanding training and development support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
Aim of the position
Is responsible for the training activities to be delivered on board (product & service training, soft skills training, English teaching, e-learning support), with the aim of engaging People in the learning process, in accordance with training procedures and set goals
- Collects the ongoing training needs (during monthly meeting with D&E and Hotel Head of Departments or observing daily operations) and proactively suggests training actions or follow up measures based on the courses portfolio in order to develop Crew competences and support Business
- Organizes and delivers online and class trainings matching the assigned deadline and target
- Is accountable for the Mentoring process in order to improve the Crew experience and support ship operations
- Acts as a business partner, regularly analysing the Company KPIs: On Board Revenue, Net Promoter Score and business indicators (Complaints, e-Comment Forms, Turnover, season Pax movement/charter, cruise crew movement, etc.) in order to suggests training actions or follow up measures based on the courses portfolio
- Advertises the available training portfolio participating to regular meetings with on board stakeholders (i.e. monthly touch-base with D&E and Hotel Head of Departments, Hotel Director meetings, On Board Revenue meetings and operational departmental meetings)
- You are: empathetic, communicative, talented, balanced, mature, conclusive, solid and very adaptable
- Passionate for people-centered learning methodologies, diverse contents (organizational behaviour, soft skills, corporate culture programs…) and new communication languages (web, social, videos…)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experienced in soft skills group training, preferable experience in course development and design, preferable background in Hospitality & Tourism field
- English and Italian knowledge B2/C1. The knowledge of other languages is a preferential requirement
- Previous experience in training and management development or related activities: delivering classes, facilitating groups, tutoring, coaching
- Very good public speaking skills, ability to multi-tasking while maintaining impeccable attention to detail
- Good knowledge of the main PC programs (MS Office, Power Point, Excel…)
- Previous shipboard experience is mandatory
Why join us
Community, you will be empowered with specific trainings and development support to fuel your growth both personally and professionally. We will provide you the necessary arrangements and pay for your travel to and from the port. Meals and accommodation are included onboard, as well as many facilities to enjoy your free time: Gym, Beach, Bar, Internet Point, onboard discounts