Onboard HR Director
Who we are
Looking for a career in an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming? You have come to the right place.
We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures.
We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members.
For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People’s Strategy is empowering our employees with outstanding training and development support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
Aim of the Position
As HR Director onboard our vessels, you will be the Costa culture ambassador responsible for managing our Crew with a natural orientation to people
- Identifying and reporting potential ways to simplify HR processes by proposing valid alternatives
- Assisting Ship Management during inspections (i.e. Port State Control, HESS…)
- Running the onboard HR desk and participating in recruitment, internal mobility and talent scouting processes
- Assisting the Captain in conducting random checks on compliance, disciplinary disembarkations, ethical misconduct and onboard Crew complaints
- Coordinating the Welfare Committee to ensure high-quality Crew recreational activities and promoting diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Welcoming newly hired personnel and explaining them the main onboard rules to facilitate a smooth integration
- Overseeing the quality of learning and development activities
- Assisting Evaluators and Evaluates in managing the evaluation process
- Facilitating the resolution of potential conflicts between Crew Members
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) from an accredited University or College in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or related field
- At least 3 years’ experience managing a staff
- At least 2 years’ experience in Recruitment and Industrial Relations
- Investigation, negotiation, resolving grievances and conflicts
- Staff management, coaching and counseling
- Supervision of disciplinary action
- Efficient and good communicator
- At ease with public speaking
- Problem solving oriented
- Computer literacy
- English knowledge C1
- Italian knowledge C1
- Other one European Language knowledge ( within French, German, Spanish ) level B2 / C1 is a plus
- Previous shipboard experience is mandatory
Why join us
Community, you will be empowered with specific trainings and development support to fuel your growth both personally and professionally. We will provide you the necessary arrangements and pay for your travel to and from the port. Meals and accommodation are included onboard, as well as many facilities to enjoy your free time: Gym, Beach, Bar, Internet Point, onboard discounts