Hospitality & Operation Manager
Who we are
Looking for a career in an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming? You have come to the right place.
We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures.
We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members.
For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People’s Strategy is empowering our employees with outstanding training and development support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
Aim of the Position
According to Company policies and procedures the Hospitality & Operation Manager coordinates and supervises the correct execution and delivery of the product and services for both guests and crew in the Hospitality and Housekeeping departments. Responsible for Hospitality and Housekeeping NPS and eNPS, the Hospitality & Operation Director thrives to ensure a high-quality cruise experience for guests. As a company values Ambassador provides an inspirational example of leadership in line with Culture Essentials and W.I.D.E.R. Values.
The Hospitality & Operation Manager is a key member of the vessel’s Senior Manager team and is the highest-ranking position of the Hospitality and Housekeeping departments onboard. This role manages all the operations committed to delivering a high-quality service both in Information, Housekeeping and logistic operations for all guests, being responsible also for cleanliness of public and crew areas. The Hospitality & Operation Director fosters a collaborative leadership of all departments within hotel operations, while personally exhibiting the Costa Values and Culture Essentials
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyzing pre-cruise data about guest mix, special services, and particular requirements according to the cruise itinerary to maximize Hospitality and Housekeeping NPS and
- Leading activities in the areas of Hospitality department to maximize NPS and service delivery in accordance with the Company procedures.
- Ensuring presence at the terminal during embarkation and disembarkation operations to strengthen supervision and coordination, assuring that both terminal and testing areas are properly set up according to Covid-19 protocols and procedures (i.e. presence of signage, gel dispensers, availability of devices for Meet & Greet operations, Wi-Fi connection, etc.) and that all crew members belonging to Hotel Department requested to support the process are available and properly trained (i.e. runners, thermo-camera operators, etc.).
- Coordinating onboard departments and Meet & Greet regarding embarkation process with particular focus on synchronization between embarkation and testing activities (liaising with Covid Manager) ensuring all guests are properly tested according to ETD and that positive cases and close contacts are properly managed and taken care (dedicated resources to be appointed for this task).
- Supervising that ashore personnel (Meet & Greet, Shore excursions, Ground operations) is properly tested according to procedures and that Meet & Greet personnel properly execute the different duties according to protocols and procedures.
- Ensuring that guests are welcomed and supported from the beginning until the end of the cruise coordinating with the Hospitality Service Manager the entire Hospitality Department ensuring a professional and high standard service is delivered to Guest.
- Guaranteeing within the Housekeeping Department the proper execution of the operations committed to delivering a high-quality service and cleanliness in all cabins, public and crew areas.
- Scheduling regular inspections in the Housekeeping and Hospitality departments taking corrective action when required to ensure guests and crew satisfaction.
- Ensuring a proper communication flow between terminal and ship (activating immediate escalation in case of need) and addresses to Hotel General Manager any concern or proposal for improvement.
- Preparing accurate business reports to share with onboard and shoreside partners.
- Interacting with guests using an appropriate language and tone of voice, and ensuring the team acts accordingly.
- Giving constant feedback to the Hotel General Manager about the most frequent complaints or significant remarks of the cruise to promptly evaluate the cruise atmosphere adjusting the cruise course by ensuring that the onboard managers perform in accordance with Company requirements.
- Organizing periodic meetings with the department managers to share common goals and information regarding the cruise product and the KPIs identified by the Company.
- Ensuring the Hospitality team is properly and constantly trained about the correct approach and interaction with guests using the proper tone of voice and language.
- Ensuring the Housekeeping team is properly and constantly trained about the correct cleaning and sanitation procedures for both guest and crew areas.
- Directing, supporting, supervising, and evaluating the team performance, which includes management of Hospitality Service Manager, Guest Relation Manager, Costa Club Ambassador, and Housekeeping Manager, to ensure efficient Hospitality and Housekeeping operation.
- Contributing actively to the achievement of guest’s satisfaction and revenue targets while paying attention to cost savings.
- Facilitating a work environment that supports a successful safety culture. Responsible for ensuring that the team implements and maintains an effective HESS management system. Enforcing and promoting Safety procedures in the team/Department under responsibility.
- Following the instructions received as per protocol applied on Covid-19 spread prevention rules. Supporting an effective health and safety culture proactively informing Guest on any infringement or missing application of procedures and reporting to the Head of Department the critical situation.
- Maintaining a high responsible approach applying social distancing rules also during non-working activities. Supporting the new organization of the onboard activity performing tasks enhancing health standards (i.e. temperature screening, sanitization of the working place, instructions to passengers).
- Secondary School in Hotel or Tourism (Hospitality)
- At least 4-year experience in managerial roles on board cruise ships or in the Hotel industry.
- Alternatively, Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree in Hotel or Tourism management and at least 2-year experience in Hotels, shore Resorts or Cruise Ships.
- Problem solving oriented
- Computer literacy
- Italian knowledge C1
- English knowledge C1
- Other 2 European languages (within French, German, Spanish, Portuguese) knowledge B2
- Shipboard experience is a plus
Why join us
We are excited to have you on the team! As a member of the Costa Crociere W.I.D.E.R. Community, you will be empowered with specific trainings and development support to fuel your growth both personally and professionally. We will provide you the necessary arrangements and pay for your travel to and from the port. Meals and accommodation are included onboard, as well as many facilities to enjoy your free time: Gym, Beach, Bar, Internet Point, onboard discounts