Who we are
Looking for a career in an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming? You have come to the right place.
We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures.
We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members.
For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People’s Strategy is empowering our employees with outstanding training and development support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
Aim of the Position:
Manages all F&B outlets to ensure that Company standards related to Hotel/F&B services are planned, achieved and maintained at all times. Works to continuously improve Guests and Crew satisfaction levels while maximising the financial performance in all area of responsibility
- Manages, organizes, directs and supervises all F&B outlets, both for Guests and Crew, by establishing and communicating goals and objectives as per Company standards and F&B SOP’s Manuals to all colleagues and subordinates, in order to guarantee satisfaction scores
- Leads the onboard F&B Management Team to plan, execute, supervise and maintain all F&B services, monitoring quality assurance and product consistency of all services lines, while providing direction for all day to day operations in accordance to Company SOP’s
- Completes full operational walkthroughs during meal times, repeated cyclically during opening times in all F&B venues, in order to ensure all outlets are well managed and supervised as per Company standards and SOP’s manuals
- Ensures that all F&B equipment is working properly, having all F&B Departments submitting all required work orders in a timely manner, following up the completion of those reported technical issues, in order to ensure the continuity of all guest and Crew services
- Prepares, reads, understands and answers a variety of business reports and correspondence for all onboard or shore side recipients
- Completes objective Evaluation Forms for all F&B Department Heads, identifying strengths, weaknesses and development areas, with all pertinent supporting evidence, in order to suggest the action plan required for the given position to meet Company objectives
- Supervises and resolves operational matters in both Guest and Crew areas, taking responsibility and accountability when required by the Hotel Director, in order to provide best possible customer service for both internal and external Guests
- Advocates sound financial and business decision making, utilizing interpersonal and communication skills in order to deliver presentations in front of groups to share information efficiently and effectively, lead, influence, and encourage
- Secondary School in Hotel or Tourism (hospitality) and at least 4 years experience in Hotel, Resorts or Cruise Industry, in dining, bar or culinary services or Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree in Hotel or Tourism management (AS o BS) and at least 2 years experience in Hotel, Resorts or Cruise Industry
- F&B onboard management experience is preferred
- Team organization: planning, scheduling and management
- Cost and revenue management
- Guest handling: issue resolution process and communication
- Bar: product knowledge, outlets organization and beverage trends
- Galley: knowledge of galley stations functioning and structure, operational hours and production times
- Restaurant: floor management, rank assignments and duties
- MS Office package (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Good knowledge of Italian and English languages (at least B2)
- Another European language (at least B1)
Why join us
We are excited to have you on the team! As a member of the Costa Crociere W.I.D.E.R. Community, you will be empowered with specific trainings and development support to fuel your growth both personally and professionally. We will provide you the necessary arrangements and pay for your travel to and from the port. Meals and accommodation are included onboard, as well as many facilities to enjoy your free time: Gym, Beach, Bar, Internet Point, onboard discounts.