Who we are
We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism, and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures.
We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members.
For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People Strategy, we believe in empowering our employees with outstanding training and developmental support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
Aim of the Position
A Dancing Maestro entertains Guests in the various dancing activities and promotes Guest interactions during the cruise.
- Involves Guests (adults, teens, children) in dancing activities and cocktail parties to
- entertain them and offer lively professional dancing experience fostering socialization and interaction paying special attention to diminish language barriers.
- Organizes the dancing activity planning to meet Guests expectations and needs and shares it with the Chief Adult Animator for approval.
- Creates all choreographies for theme parties and collaborates with the Animation team in daily and evening activities as part of the group.
- Promotes and organizes private dancing lessons to meet Guests requests and maximize revenues.
- Welcomes Guests when embarking and follows up with them during the cruise or promote the dancing activities.
- Manages Guest complaints taking direct action or addressing them with the Chief Adult Animator or the involved department to provide a fast and effective solution.
- Collaborates with other departments when needed and in accordance with the Entertainment working schedule to maximize revenues.
- Takes an active part in a work environment that supports a successful safety culture and is a dynamic contributor in following safety policy and procedures.
- Secondary school diploma
- Experience in ballroom dancing (as a professional dancer and/or teacher)
- Ballroom and Latin dancing (mandatory: Waltz, Tango, Mazurka, Cha Cha Cha, Salsa, Bachata, Merengue)
- English knowledge B1
- Other language knowledge A1-A2
- Italian knowledge is an advantage
Why join us
We are excited to have you on the team! As a member of the Costa Crociere W.I.D.E.R. Community, you will be empowered with specific training and developmental support to fuel your growth both personally and professionally. We will provide you the necessary arrangements and pay for your travel to and from the port. Meals and accommodation are included onboard, as are the many facilities to enjoy your free time: Gym, Beach, Bar, Internet Point, in addition to perks such as onboard discounts.