Who we are:
We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism, and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures.
We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members.
For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People’s Strategy is empowering our employees with outstanding training and development support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
Aim of the position:
The Specialty Barman assures excellent Bar and Lounge services as well as beverage production to increase the Bar revenue and maximize guest satisfaction while following the Bar manual and supporting special events. Able to mix and match ingredients to create classic and innovative drinks, takes also into consideration feedback from guests to match their preferences. The purpose of the role is to interact with the guest ensuring they have a great experience at the Bar or in the lounges. The Specialty Barman should maintain positive interactions while accurately mixing and serving beverages to guests and bar servers in a friendly and efficient manner. As a company Ambassador, provides an inspirational example of leadership in line with Culture Essentials and W.I.D.E.R. Values.
The Marketing & Communication Manager interacts with the Digital Assistant, where present, to ensure that digital touchpoints (i.e., app, Ipm and OB portal) work properly, and collects customers feedback to secure fixing and evaluate optimization of all tools.
As a company values Ambassador, provides an inspirational example of leadership in line with Culture Essentials and W.I.D.E.R. Values.
The Specialty Barman works directly with guests by preparing and serving drinks, mixing and matching ingredients to create classic and innovative drinks, always happy to offer great recommendations. The Specialty Barman is able to interpret guest feedback to modify ingredients or creatively innovate drinks matching their taste preferences and exceeding their expectations. The purpose of this position is to facilitate a friendly and lively environment in which all types of customers can feel welcome, ensuring they have a great experience at the Bar or lounge. The Specialty Barman fosters a collaborative leadership, while personally exhibiting the Costa Values and Culture Essentials.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interacting with guests, taking orders for drinks and snacks presenting the bar menu nurturing an excellent guest experience.
- Checking identification of the guest to make sure they meet age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Assessing guests’ needs and preferences providing recommendations and suggestions for choosing drinks and snacks, demonstrating a thorough knowledge of food and beverage products, menus and promotions.
- Mixing ingredients to prepare cocktails and other alcohol or non-alcohol bar beverages as ordered and in compliance with standard drink recipes.
- Serving customers in a friendly and helpful manner, influencing them for up-selling and suggestive selling.
- Providing guidance to guests on ship activities, dining options and general cruise information.
- Collecting payment for drinks served following company procedures and standards ensuring all checks are delivered to the department head in order to guarantee the solution of any accounting dispute.
- Determining when a customer has had too much alcohol and if required, politely refusing any further service .
- Arranging bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Ensuring that the assigned bar area is fully equipped with tools and products needed for mixing beverages and serving guests.
- Keeping the bar counter and work area neat and clean at all times and washing glassware and utensils after each use.
- Maintaining liquor inventory and consumption records, preparing inventory or purchase requisitions as needed to replenish supplies.
- Complying with all food and beverage regulations.
- Giving constant feedback to the Bar Manager/Assistant Bar manager about the most frequent complaints or significant remarks of the cruise to promptly evaluate the cruise atmosphere adjusting the cruise course.
- Facilitating a work environment that supports a successful safety culture. Responsible for ensuring that the team implements and maintains an effective HESS management system. Enforcing and promoting Safety procedures in the team/Department under his/her responsibility.
- Following the instructions received as per protocol applied to Covid-19 spread prevention rules.
- Supporting an effective health and safety culture proactively informing Guests of any infringement or missing application of procedures and reporting any critical situation to the Department Head .
- Maintaining a highly responsible approach applying social distancing rules also during non-working activities.
- Supporting the new organization of the onboard activities performing tasks with enhanced health standards (i.e. temperature screening, sanitization of the work station, instructions to passengers)
- Takes active part in a work environment that support a successful safety culture and is a dynamic contributor in following safety policy and procedures.
- Secondary School Diploma in Hotellerie
- At least 3 years’ experience as Barman in Hotel or 2 years onboard other cruise lines
- Problem-solving oriented
- Customer Service Oriented
- Effective Communication
- Computer literate
- Italian knowledge C1
- English knowledge B2
- Other 2 European languages (among French, German, Spanish, Portuguese) knowledge B2
Why join us:
We are excited to have you on the team! As a member of the Costa Crociere Community, you will be empowered with specific training and developmental support to fuel your growth both personally and professionally. We will provide you the necessary arrangements and pay for your travel to and from the port. Meals and accommodation are included onboard, as are the many facilities to enjoy your free time: Gym, Beach, Bar, Internet Point, in addition to perks such as onboard discounts.