Assistant Inventory Officer
Explore Your Potential
Who we areLooking for a career in an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming? You have come to the right place. We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members. For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People’s Strategy is empowering our employees with outstanding training and development support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
Aim of the Position
Assists (and replace when necessary) the Inventory Officer in all functions, in order to provide reports and on board and ship-to-shore communications, in accordance with Company procedures.
- Prepares every day the Daily Food Cost, in order to check if the value of the daily consumptions is correct, in accordance with Company procedures.
- Provides to invoice and reconcile the customer orders for F&B Department, in order to check if the orders inserted report correct data, in compliance with Company procedures.
- Reports every day the correct stock on hand to the Provision Master and to the Assistant Provision Master, adhering to Company procedures.
- Assists the Inventory Officer in any task as per request, in order to support the Department in accordance with Company procedures and standards.
- Reconciles all invoices after the loading, in order to report to the Inventory Officer any discrepancies, following Company procedures.
- Facilitate a work environment that supports a successful safety culture. Is responsible for ensuring that his/her team implements and maintains an effective Hess management system. Enforce and promote Safety procedures in the team/Department under responsibility.
- Takes care of the correct inserting of data and checks the correspondence between the items and the Market Master in order to report the Master Orders ready to be send to the shore side offices, respecting Company procedures.
- Monitors the par stock levels in the Central Stores in order to report to the Inventory Officer any excessive amounts of items or critical situations of either for excess or lack of stock, in accordance with Company procedures.
- Keeps Crunch Time Customer Orders of Food, Beverage, Hotel and Photo updates, in order to check if the code and the description items are the correct ones and keeps a constant coordination with the Provision Master and the Hotel Storekeeper.
- Secondary school (Bachelor’s Degree in Economics or similar is appreciated)
- At least 1 year experience in accountability
- Specific experience in Store management, Requisition orders, Planning and logistic management
- Knowledge of MS Office Package, Cost Control
- Problem solving oriented
- Computer literacy
- English knowledge B2
- Italian knowledge is an advantage
- Shipboard experience is a plus
Why join us
Community, you will be empowered with specific trainings and development support to fuel your growth both personally and professionally. We will provide you the necessary arrangements and pay for your travel to and from the port. Meals and accommodation are included onboard, as well as many facilities to enjoy your free time: Gym, Beach, Bar, Internet Point, onboard discounts.