Explore Your Potential
Who we areLooking for a career in an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming? You have come to the right place. We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members. For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People’s Strategy is empowering our employees with outstanding training and development support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
Aim of the Position
As Wine Sommelier, you will provide a fast, courteous and professional wine service.
- Assures an excellent wine service with strong emphasis on cost control and good salesmanship in order to increase the revenue
- Supervises and contributes to the set up and the cleaning of the wine bar with the proper materials according to bar manual and sanitation rules to guarantee the service
- Facilitate a work environment that supports a successful safety culture. Is responsible for ensuring that his/her team implements and maintains an effective Hess management system. Enforce and promote Safety procedures in the team/Department under responsibility
- Takes physical inventories of all materials located in the wine bar in order to provide the best quality service
- Guarantees the correct functioning of the wine bar machinery and provides to inform the superior in case of working problems in order to deliver the service as per beverage manual
- Takes in charge of/reports to the superior guests complaints in order to provide a fast and effective solution
- Collaborates with the Bar Manager in supervising the beverage service in the buffet area in order to guarantee a speedy and professional service
- Provides his service in the restaurant in case ofspecial events/Guests
- Secondary School and at least 2 years of experience in the same role
- Sommelier Degree
- Good Knowledge English Language (B1)
- Another European language (B1)
Why join us
Community, you will be empowered with specific trainings and development support to fuel your growth both personally and professionally. We will provide you the necessary arrangements and pay for your travel to and from the port. Meals and accommodation are included onboard, as well as many facilities to enjoy your free time: Gym, Beach, Bar, Internet Point, onboard discounts.