Explore Your Potential
Who we areLooking for a career in an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming? You have come to the right place. We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members. For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People’s Strategy is empowering our employees with outstanding training and development support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
Aim of the Position
The Ship’s Doctor is an experienced Registered Doctor responsible to provide appropriate day-to-day health care to Passengers and Crew Members.
- Provide high quality healthcare to crew and passengers 24/7, through a clinic service and on-call provision
- In emergencies support the Chief Ship’s Doctor and other member of the medical team as required
- Manages cases of injury, disembarking crew or guests, medical visits/referrals ashore
- Ensures compliance with all company approved medical and public health procedures
- Appropriate Medical Degree
- Appropriate Italian Medical registration at the OMC (Ordine Provinciale dei Medici Chirurghi ed Odontoiatri)
- Medical specialist (general medicine, surgery, internal medicine, emergency or anesthesiology) with profound general medical knowledge and experience
- A minimum of 3 years working experience post-graduate or post-registration
- Certification of Advanced Life Support or Advanced Cardiac Life Support, APLS, ATLS or equivalent or physician specialist training (e.g.: emergency medicine, anesthesiology, or critical care)
- X-ray capabilities and verification of valid radiation protection course
- A good command of written and spoken English
- A good knowledge of electronic data processing and computer literacy
- Availability for a contract of 3-4 consecutive months onboard
- Being committed to Safety
- Independent working
- Respecting and applying Company Values being an example for others
Why join us
Community, you will be empowered with specific trainings and development support to fuel your growth both personally and professionally. We will provide you the necessary arrangements and pay for your travel to and from the port. Meals and accommodation are included onboard, as well as many facilities to enjoy your free time: Gym, Beach, Bar, Internet Point, onboard discounts.