Explore Your Potential
Who we areLooking for a career in an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming? You have come to the right place. We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members. For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People’s Strategy is empowering our employees with outstanding training and development support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
Aim of the Position
The ship’s Nurse is an experienced Registered Nurse responsible to provide appropriate day-to-day health care to Passengers and Crew Members.
- Reporting to Doctor.
- Assisting during medical treatments in the Infirmary.
- Being on call 24 hours a day.
- Updating the Official Log Books.
- Verifying pre sign/on medical forms for all embarking Crew Members.
- Performing administrative duties and inventory control of supplies and medicines.
- Checking maintenance and stock of medical emergency equipments.
- Degree in Nursing,i.e. three years study from an accredited University
- Being enrolled into OPI – Ordine Professioni Infermieristiche i.e. the Italian Public Registry for Professional Nurses
- Work Experience post-Degree for at least two/three years, to include at least six months in emergency areas such as: ICU, Hospital Emergency Room, Cardiac Care Unit, Emergency and medical services in ambulances, etc. etc.
- Holding mandatory certifications for Nurses, preferably issued by a ILCOR approved provider, and namely BLS – D (Basic Life Support – Defibrillation) ALS (Advanced Life Support) or ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) or equivalent. Where available, and not mandatory, PBLS(Pediatric Basic Life Support) PALS(Pediatric Advanced Life Support) or APLS (Advanced Pediatric Life Support)
- A good knowledge of medical technical English, written and spoken, also to be verified during the Recruitment Process. A good knowlegde of German as a plus
- A good familiarity with computer literacy
- Availability to a contract of 4/5 consecutive months onboard
- Experience as Nurse on Cruise Vessels is an advantage
- Computer literacy
- Being committed to Safety
- Respecting and applying Company Values being an example for others
Why join us
Community, you will be empowered with specific trainings and development support to fuel your growth both personally and professionally. We will provide you the necessary arrangements and pay for your travel to and from the port. Meals and accommodation are included onboard, as well as many facilities to enjoy your free time: Gym, Beach, Bar, Internet Point, onboard discounts.