Fleet Public Health Officer
Explore Your Potential
Who we areLooking for a career in an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming? You have come to the right place. We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members. For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People’s Strategy is empowering our employees with outstanding training and development support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
- Monitoring the correct implementation on board of all applicable Public Health standards and legal requirements including any associated documentation
- Performing Public Health training on board and supporting when required the compiling and updating of training material
- Develop the skills of on board managers and crew to deal with Public Health issues effectively
- Assist in the compilation and maintenance of relevant Public Health procedures, records and documents as required
- Prepare reports of any audits, investigations, inspections and training activities undertaken and carry out the necessary follow-up actions needed in order to help maintain required Public Health standards
- Mentor and train newly appointed Public Health Officers onboard.
- Formal degree / Higher Certification in food-sanitation management from a recognized International institution and/or any relevant Environmental Health related degree, diploma or qualification including technical qualifications with Public Health elements (e.g. water safety, air system safety, pool & spa safety etc)
- Any other post graduate qualifications relevant to food safety, infectious disease control, pest management, Health and Safety or Public Health
- Previous experience in Public Health aspects onboard cruise ships would be beneficial
- Thorough knowledge of the CDC’s Vessel Sanitation Program is desirable
- Very good English skills as well as proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- High degree of service and quality orientation as well as a sense of responsibility, flexibility and ability to communicate effectively
Why join us
Community, you will be empowered with specific trainings and development support to fuel your growth both personally and professionally. We will provide you the necessary arrangements and pay for your travel to and from the port. Meals and accommodation are included onboard, as well as many facilities to enjoy your free time: Gym, Beach, Bar, Internet Point, onboard discounts.