Quality & Assurance Director
Who we are:
We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism, and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures.
We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members.
For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People Strategy, we believe in empowering our employees with outstanding training and developmental support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
Aim of the position:
According to Company policies and procedures, the Q&A travelling Director is responsible for supervising the planning and implementation of palimpsest activities (including the scheduling of F&B and retail outlets), the design and execution of the Onboard communication & marketing plan and the utilization and set up of public areas on the ships (according to standards and guidelines). As a company values Ambassador, s/he provides an inspirational example of leadership in line with Culture Essentials and W.I.D.E.R. Values.
- The Q&A travelling Director verifies the execution of the cruise’s activity palimpsest interacting with the Hotel Director/General Manager and the heads of departments in charge of scheduling the daily events and time schedules, ensuring that the onboard team has created a seamless and engaging journey for the guests, checking that conflicts are limited and the synergies among the different onboard activities are optimized.
- This position is also in charge of verifying the cruise’s communication and marketing plan to ensure it generates value and provides the guests with information in an effective and meaningful way according to central marketing’s guidelines.
- The role is also in charge of ensuring that all the ship’s public spaces are utilized according to standards, manuals and guidelines both in terms of purpose of utilization and of the setup of furnishings and lighting.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Communicating with shoreside Experience Design and Communication, NB and Refit, Onboard Marketing and Digital marketing teams to guarantee consistency with the Company’s standards and when necessary to intervene for issue resolution.
- Keeping the Hotel General Manager/HD informed about evidence noted and discussing with him/her and the team the reasons for noted issues.
- Bridging shoreside and shipside strategy ensuring the correct implementation, and proactively communicating to shoreside partners results and suggestions for improvement.
- Supporting the onboard team performance under his/her direction.
- Facilitating a work environment that supports a successful safety culture. Responsible for ensuring that the team implements and maintains an effective HESS management system. Enforcing and promoting Safety procedures in the team/Department under responsibility.
- Degree in Hospitality and at least 10/15 years’ Experience in Hotellerie, Hospitality or Retail in managerial positions. Prepared on marketing topics.
- Computer literate
- Expert in:
- Hotel Operation Governance & Control
- Effective Communication
- Guest flow management
- People Management
- Revenue Management
- Health & Safety
- Italian Knowledge level C1
- English Knowledge level C1
- 1 other European language knowledge (among French, German, Spanish, Portuguese) level B2
- Availability to travel ship to ship on a daily basis
Why join us:
We are excited to have you on the team! As a member of the Costa Crociere Community, you will be empowered with specific training and developmental support to fuel your growth both personally and professionally. We will provide you the necessary arrangements and pay for your travel to and from the port. Meals and accommodation are included onboard, as are the many facilities to enjoy your free time: Gym, Beach, Bar, Internet Point, in addition to perks such as onboard discounts.