International Host / Hostess German 🇩🇪
Explore Your Potential
Who we areLooking for a career in an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming? You have come to the right place. We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members. For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People’s Strategy is empowering our employees with outstanding training and development support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
Aim of the Position
As International Host / Hostess, you will provide personalized customer service, language assistance and translations to our Guests, enhancing understanding and enjoyment of their exciting Costa experience
- Acting as point of reference for Guests thru public relations by removing language barriers.
- Taking care of the daily cruise program to assure the correct translation of written material in the relevant language such as menus and flyers, organizes informative speeches.
- Supporting the various revenue services through a constant communication and promotion to maximize revenue and Guest satisfaction.
- Providing constant feedback about the most frequent requests of the nationality groups or remarks received to evaluate the cruise atmosphere.
- Secondary school (Tourism or Humanities)
- At least 6 months experience in tourism (i.e. reception, tour guiding = gestione gruppi)
- Enthusiastic and good communicator
- At ease with public speaking
- Familiar with sales techniques
- Problem solving oriented
- Computer literacy
- Mother tongue of one of the following: German
- English knowledge C1
- Other language knowledge B1
- Italian knowledge is an advantage
- Shipboard experience is a plus
Why join us
Community, you will be empowered with specific trainings and development support to fuel your growth both personally and professionally. We will provide you the necessary arrangements and pay for your travel to and from the port. Meals and accommodation are included onboard, as well as many facilities to enjoy your free time: Gym, Beach, Bar, Internet Point, onboard discounts.