German 🇩🇪 General Seller
Explore Your Potential
Who we areLooking for a career in an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming? You have come to the right place. We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members. For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People’s Strategy is empowering our employees with outstanding training and development support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
Aim of the position
The General Seller, key for the onboard revenue department, is fully aligned to the Company revenue strategy acting as a focal point to illustrate and propose services and products offered onboard to meet the different needs of guests. This role helps business owners to push sales, maximize activation redemption, reach targets and support the overall revenue activity. The General Seller scouts potential customers by using a push and pull strategy and directly sells products and services or pivots passengers towards different business owners to support and increase their performance. This role knows the guest mix, the complete onboard offer, and uses suitable storytelling to let guests discover the onboard offer generating a desire to experience new things, increase their spending willingness, and enrich their overall experience onboard. The General Seller, present at different touch points around the ship, boosts onboard revenue through cross-selling and up-selling techniques. The General Seller is proactive and proposes new ideas to the Sales Director. The General Seller fosters a collaborative spirit with all departments within hotel operations, while personally exhibiting the Costa Values and Culture Essentials.
- Building a relationship of trust with guests to enrich their cruise and make it memorable.
- Acting as onboard products and services consultant and point of reference for the guests.
- Updating and using all available communication tools to present products and services to guests.
- Improving onboard guest experience being a “human touch” enabler, highlighting and promoting the value of the offers towards guests.
- Promoting offers guests are particularly interested in, illustrating the main features according to their expectation.
- Enriching guests’ onboard experience by offering them the right product or service at the right time.
- Using a simple and direct style and language tailored to the addressee to transmit passion and authenticity during storytelling.
- Resolving guests’ objections using the appropriate techniques.
- Helping guests decide about specific services or products performing the booking and closing the selling operation.
- Knowing retail activities and key areas that impact sales and productivity such as: visual display, staffing, asset protection, process optimization, etc.
- Monitoring sales targets and objectives supporting the departments in reaching them.
- Taking an active part in onboard revenue meetings held by the Sales Director.
- Proactively proposing new ideas to the Sales Director to boost products or services.
- Facilitating a work environment that supports a successful safety culture. Responsible for ensuring that the team implements and maintains an effective HESS management system.
- Enforcing and promoting Safety procedures in the team/Department under responsibility.
- Secondary school diploma or degree in tourism, languages, or humanities and at least 1 year experience in Retail/Sales with good interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate
- Effective communication skills
- Problem-solving oriented
- Customer Service oriented
- English knowledge C1
- German knowledge C2
Why join us
Community, you will be empowered with specific trainings and development support to fuel your growth both personally and professionally. We will provide you the necessary arrangements and pay for your travel to and from the port. Meals and accommodation are included onboard, as well as many facilities to enjoy your free time: Gym, Beach, Bar, Internet Point, onboard discounts.