Commis De Cuisine
Explore Your Potential
Who we areLooking for a career in an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming? You have come to the right place. We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members. For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People’s Strategy is empowering our employees with outstanding training and development support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
Aim of the Position
Assists in food preparation in the assigned area, which may include the specialty restaurants galley, following Company procedures.
- Collaborates in food preparations, accomplishing all tasks assigned in order to provide the final product as per Company recipes, following HACCP standards and minimizing food spoilage.
- Guarantees a proper and safe use of equipment and machinery
- Loads the food needed from the provision area, as per requisition form and stores it in the designated areas, to guarantee that the final product can be prepared as per Company recipes and following HACCP standards.
- Organizes and keeps the assigned Galley area tidy, cleaned, sanitized and stores utensils properly in order to respect HACCP standard and Company procedures.
- Contributes to garbage recycling following instructions in order to respect Company standards and procedures.
- Takes active part in a work environment that support a successful safety culture.
- Follows the instructions received as per protocol applied on Covid-19 spread prevention rules;
- Supports an effective health and safety culture proactively informing Guest on any infringement or missing application of procedures and reporting to the Head of
- Department the critical situation;
- Maintains a high responsible approach applying social distancing rules also during non-working activities;
- Supports the new organization of the onboard activity performing tasks enhancing health standards (i.e. temperature screening, sanitization of the working place, instructions to passengers).
- Secondary School diploma
- At least 1 year experience in the same position in Hotel and /or Hospitality industry
- English knowledge level B1
- Knowledge of H.A.C.C.P regulation
- Knowledge of different types of vegetables, basic sauces, meats, fish, poultry.
- Knowledge of how to use different types of knives
Why join us
Community, you will be empowered with specific trainings and development support to fuel your growth both personally and professionally. We will provide you the necessary arrangements and pay for your travel to and from the port. Meals and accommodation are included onboard, as well as many facilities to enjoy your free time: Gym, Beach, Bar, Internet Point, onboard discounts.