Theater Sound Technician
Who we are
Looking for a career in an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming? You have come to the right place.
We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures.
We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members.
For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People’s Strategy is empowering our employees with outstanding training and development support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
Aim of the position
We are currently looking for Sound Technician to join our ships
He/She is the person in charge of making the shows sound spectacular creating a pleasant listening experience for the audience
- Operating the entertainment lighting equipment always keeping in mind that it is property of the ship and is used under the control of the Engine Department.
- Showing maximum attention and care to the security procedures on board, being aware that any incorrect usage or modification to circuits may cause serious damage and danger to the personnel involved.
- Working primarily on the sound console in the Theatre during the shows and other activities which take place there, but being also responsible for the operation of sound equipment in the lounges, even though it is used by the Lounge Technician.
- Assisting Artists, Musicians, Cruise Staff, Hosts/Hostesses and Lecturers, in other words all personnel who use microphones or sound systems, preparing the technical equipment and checking the quality of the sound in such a way that it is suitable for the activity in question.
- Reporting to the Head Technician any and all problems concerning equipment, following Company procedures.
- Keeping tidy the place of work and equipment lockers assigned. Always showing maximum respect for the equipment, not leaving lying around objects which could be lost, stolen or damaged.
- High school degree. Specialization in sound engineering is welcome.
- Experience in big productions, theatres or services.
- Excellent knowledge of sound systems, consoles, audio editing, live mixing.
- Computer literate.
- Good English knowledge.
Why join us
Community, you will be empowered with specific trainings and development support to fuel your growth both personally and professionally. We will provide you the necessary arrangements and pay for your travel to and from the port. Meals and accommodation are included onboard, as well as many facilities to enjoy your free time: Gym, Beach, Bar, Internet Point, onboard discounts