Theater Light Technician
Who we are:
We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism, and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures.
We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members.
For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People’s Strategy is empowering our employees with outstanding training and development support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
Aim of the position:
Assures adequate technical support to the entertainment activities, through the correct use of the technical lighting equipment present on board and in accordance with the operating instructions.
- Guarantees technical support during the rehearsal and execution of the shows in the theatre to assure the correct light entertainment.
- Supplies all equipment according to the requests and needs to support planned activities (ie. groups and artists).
- Is responsible for all the equipment and is careful with what is in use (ie. color filters, smoke machinery, light bulbs) to prevent untimely deterioration.
- Reports all problems and equipment malfunctioning to the Entertainment Technical Manager, to provide a fast and effective solution.
- Coordinates (along with the Head Technician) the work of the two Staff Cleaners used for operating the follow spots during shows.
- Reports any and all problems concerning equipment to the Head Technician, following Company procedures.
- Stores all the equipment in the lockers to ensure conformity with the inventories in compliance with Company rules.
- Provides routine maintenance to guarantee the correct functioning of all equipment and supports external service suppliers in the case of extraordinary maintenance.
- Provides support in assembling and dismantling the required equipment to provide the timely execution of planned activities.
- Provides technical support for light management in lounges and swimming pools when requested to execute complex activities.
- Takes an active part in a work environment that support a successful safety culture and is a dynamic contributor in following safety policy and procedures.
- Secondary school diploma
- At least 1 year experience in technical services or theatre
- Rigger Certificate (preferable)
- Knowledge of light techniques and equipment
- Computer literate
- English knowledge B1
Why join us:
We are excited to have you on the team! As a member of the Costa Crociere Community, you will be empowered with specific training and developmental support to fuel your growth both personally and professionally. We will provide you the necessary arrangements and pay for your travel to and from the port. Meals and accommodation are included onboard, as are the many facilities to enjoy your free time: Gym, Beach, Bar,
Internet Point, in addition to perks such as onboard discounts.