Who we are:
We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism, and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures.
We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members.
For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People’s Strategy is empowering our employees with outstanding training and development support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
Aim of the position:
Assures adequate technical support to the entertainment activities, for example in the lounges and swimming pool areas, through the correct use of the technical equipment present on board and in accordance with the operating instructions.
- Operates and controls sound, light and video forecast on a daily basis to assure the correct execution of all entertainment activities in accordance with the Company procedures.
- Supplies all equipment (e.g., microphones, lights, videos, music) according to the requests and needs to support entertainment activities and groups.
- Scrupulously follows the cruise program and assures the correct timing and airing of videos, background music and lights in the lounge areas.
- Provides the correct arrangement of lights, sound and music in order to ensure the execution of the evening performances in the public areas.
- Reports all problems and malfunctioning concerning equipment to the Entertainment Technical Manager, to provide a fast and effective solution.
- Stores all equipment in the lockers to guarantee conformity with the inventories in compliance with Company rules.
- Supports external service suppliers in case of extraordinary maintenance and provides routine maintenance to guarantee the correct functioning of all equipment.
- Assists the disembarkation of musicians and facilitates the embarkation of the new ones in order to assemble the instruments and organise the new sound and light set up.
- Takes an active part in a work environment that support a successful safety culture
and is a dynamic contributor in following safety policy and procedures.
- Secondary school
- At least 1 year experience in technical services or theatre
- Basic knowledge of sound, video and light techniques
- English knowledge B1
Why join us:
We are excited to have you on the team! As a member of the Costa Crociere Community, you will be empowered with specific training and developmental support to fuel your growth both personally and professionally. We will provide you the necessary arrangements and pay for your travel to and from the port. Meals and accommodation are included onboard, as are the many facilities to enjoy your free time: Gym, Beach, Bar,
Internet Point, in addition to perks such as onboard discounts.