Dutch International Host/Hostess 🇳🇱
Who we are:
We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism, and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members. For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People’s Strategy is empowering our employees with outstanding training and development support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
Aim of the position:
Acts as reference point for dutch speakers removing language barriers to make sure Guests enjoy their cruise.
- Acts as point of reference for Dutch speaking Guests doing public relations (i.e., public events, parties, embarkation, disembarkation), daily hospitality desks and escorting them whenever possible on tours in order to remove language barriers; gets constant feedback on guest satisfaction and needs.
- Takes care of the daily cruise program to ensure the correct translation of written material in the relevant language such as: menus, flyers, and organizes informative speeches (i.e., embarkation travel talks, end of cruise speech).
- Provides translation services for medical emergencies, illness or medical disembarkation of the Guest, accompanying them, when necessary, to the onboard infirmary or shore side hospitals to offer a dedicated service.
- Supports the various revenue services through constant communication and promotion to maximize revenue and Guest satisfaction.
- Gives constant feedback to the Line Manager about the most frequent complaints of the language group or significant remarks received and share it to the relevant offices in order to evaluate the cruise atmosphere.
- Makes major voice announcements for Guests, including safety announcements during drills or real situations (live or pre-recorded format).
- Reports or takes care of Guest complaints (use of SA&PI system is required) informing the relevant heads of department and supervisors in charge with the aim to offer a prompt solution.
- Takes an active part in a work environment that support a successful safety culture and is a dynamic contributor in following safety policy and procedures.
- Dutch Mother tongue (C2 is compulsory)
- English knowledge required C1
- Secondary school in Tourism or Humanities
- At least 6 months experience in tourism (i.e., reception, accompanying Guests)
- Enthusiastic and good communicator
- At ease with public speaking
- Sales skills are a plus
- Problem-solving oriented
- Computer literate
Why join us:
We are excited to have you on the team! As a member of the Costa Crociere Community, you will be empowered with specific training and developmental support to fuel your growth both personally and professionally. We will provide you the necessary arrangements and pay for your travel to and from the port. Meals and accommodation are included onboard, as are the many facilities to enjoy your free time: Gym, Beach, Bar, Internet Point, in addition to perks such as onboard discounts.