Explore Your Potential
Who we are
Looking for a career in an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming? You have come to the right place.
We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures.
We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members.
For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People’s Strategy is empowering our employees with outstanding training and development support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
Aim of the Position
Carry on the main entertainment attraction in the Disco. Helps creating the best atmosphere during his performances.
- Operating the entertainment equipment in the discotheque always keeping in mind that the equipment is the property of the ship and it is used under the control of the Engine Department.
- Showing maximum attention and care of the equipment and security procedures on board, being aware that any incorrect usage or modifications to circuits may cause serious damage and danger to the personnel involved.
- Assisting the adult, children and teen cruise staff during the activities organised in the discotheque, preparing the technical equipment and checking the quality of the musical programme in such a way that they are suitable for the activity in question.
- Reporting to the Head Technician any and all problems concerning equipment, following Company procedures.
- Verifying, in case of ship visit from shore-side technical personnel or an inspection, if the technical equipments are planned. He/she is always present to furnish the necessary support and assistance.
- Keeping tidy his/her place of work and equipment lockers assigned. Showing maximum respect for the equipment, not leaving lying around objects which could be lost, stolen or damaged.
- Adapting the musical content to the tastes of the Guests present, with regard to the song lists required and their proper mixing.
- Collaborating with the Animation Team organizing special events or theme evenings.
- Secondary School
- Experience in clubs or disco on land or on other ships.
- Basic Sound and Light expertise. Computer literate.
- Enthusiastic, creative and good communicator
- At ease with public speaking
- English knowledge B1
- Italian knowledge is an advantage
- Shipboard experience is a plus
Why join us
We are excited to have you on the team! As a member of the Costa Crociere W.I.D.E.R. Community, you will be empowered with specific trainings and development support to fuel your growth both personally and professionally. We will provide you the necessary arrangements and pay for your travel to and from the port. Meals and accommodation are included onboard, as well as many facilities to enjoy your free time: Gym, Beach, Bar, Internet Point, onboard discounts.