The website “career.costacrociere.it” is managed by:
- Costa Crociere S.p.A., headquartered in Piazza Piccapietra 48, 16121 Genova, P.IVA/Fiscal Code 02545900108 , share capital Euro 344,314,467.00 fully paid (herein after referred to as “Costa”), as data controller, through Monster Italia Srl.
- CSCS: Cruise Ships Catering and Services International N.V., headquartered in Curacao
and with branch in Italy in Piazza Piccapietra 48, Genova, P.IVA/Fiscal Code 01147380990, as joint controller.
Protection of copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights
- 1. All materials contained in the website “career.costacrociere.it” are protected by the laws of intellectual property. This material is the property of Costa and has been licensed to Costa.
- 1.2. The use of this website and downloading of information contained therein on open forums is permitted for purely private use. Any use for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. It is strictly forbidden to reproduce, publish, disclose, transmit, distribute, display, remove, delete, add to or otherwise modify the website “career.costacrociere.it” in order to create works inspired by or to make commercial use of the contents thereof.
- 3. Any other use of the material contained on this website, including reproduction, modification, distribution or republication for purposes other than personal ones without the prior written permission of Costa is strictly forbidden.
Information for users
- 2.1. The information provided by users on the website “career.costacrociere.it”, and all data, including personal data, included in the user’s CV will be treated by Costa and CSCS as joint controllers in full compliance with regulations related to the Privacy and Security of Personal Data.
- 2. Users are required to provide only true and correct information, and to communicate to Costa any modification of their data.
Information regarding processing of candidates’ personal data
Under Article 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation – EU 2016/679 (hereinafter the “GDPR”), Costa and CSCS wish to inform you of the following:
Purpose of data processing
The personal data that you freely and directly provided to Costa by forwarding your online application on “www.career.costacrociere.it” or “www.career.costacruise.com” (eg. data in your form and data available online contained in your CV) will be processed for the sole purpose of permitting you to participate in the selection of personnel for companies of the Costa Crociere SpA Group (Jointly defined for simplicity “Costa Group”). Your data will therefore be used for the initial evaluation of your profile in relation to “vacant” job positions available within the company or jobs you possibly selected from those available on the site.
Nature of the provision of the data and consequences of refusal
The provision of data is optional, but is necessary for staff selection procedures. Any refusal to provide data will make it impossible to participate in these selection procedures for any job positions and / or will cause the inability to adequately assess your professional profile.
Categories of persons to whom the data may be communicated
Your personal data will be processed by staff processing, which operates within the Human Resources of the Costa Group, and by managers who have an interest in the selection of candidates, as well as by the staff of the company Monster Italy srl, which is involved in the management and maintenance of the above site, which operates on behalf of Costa as a data processor. Due to the needs of the individual organizational units of Costa or other companies of the Costa Group in Italy and abroad – that will operate as independent data controllers – your personal data can be communicated and transferred abroad, even in countries not belonging to the European Union, under the above mentioned companies and other companies for the evaluation of your application and the eventual establishment of a contractual relationship.
Your data may be disclosed to third parties, professionals and service company employees, supporting Costa in their personnel selection activities, and acting as treatment managers or as independent holders.
The complete list of those responsible is available within the company at the following addresses: Costa Crociere SpA Piccapietra Square 48, 16121 Genoa, to the attention of the Head of Policy Human Resources Area.
Transfer of personal data out of EU
Costa and CSCS will transfer your personal data to locations outside of EU countries, for the purposes set out above.
If Costa and CSCS transfer your personal data to a country or territory outside EU, it will ensure that the recipient is obligated to protect your personal data at a standard of protection comparable and adequate to the protection under Italian and EU law, by ensuring that the recipient is either in a jurisdiction with comparable and adequate data privacy laws or is legally bound to protect your personal data.
Costa may keep your data for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes for which they were collected, however for no longer than 18 months from the date of acquisition. However, if you for any reason find the purpose of treatment to be over, you must give written notice to the Costa address specified below. Following this communication, Costa shall immediately grant the deletion of data provided from its archives and databases.
Rights of data subject
You have the right to:
- access your personal data through your user account;
- make corrections to your personal data through your user account;
- withdraw consent for our use and disclosure of your personal data by closing your user account;
- choose whether to participate in our personalised promotional scheme and other promotional schemes that we may offer from time to time;
- ask to delete your personal data;
- receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit those data to another controller (referred to as right to data portability);
- request a restriction of processing of your personal data;
- request information on:
- the purpose of the personal data processing;
- the categories of personal data;
- the recipients of the personal data, in particular if the personal data are sent to third countries;
- request the personal data retain period;
- to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Data controller and data processor
The data controllers are:
- Costa Crociere S.p.A. with headquarters in Piazza Piccapietra, 48 – 16121 Genoa, Italy and
- Cruise Ships Catering and Services International N.V., headquartered in Curacao
and with branch in Italy in Piazza Piccapietra 48, Genova,Italy.
The data processors appointed for the above purposes are:
- Monster Italia Srl, Via Ruggero Boscovich 18, 20124 Milano
- Carnival Maritime Gmbh, Grosser Grasbrook 9 – 20457 Hamburg
This notice also holds true for Costa Group companies involved in the selection process related to the job position you have selected or to job positions for which your profile may be of interest.
It is recommended that you do not to enter any sensitive data (ie: personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, philosophical or other beliefs, political opinions, membership of parties, unions, associations or organizations of religion, philosophy, politics or trade unions, as well as personal data disclosing health and sex life) unless the position for which you submit your application explicitly requires you to do so.
In the latter case you will find a specific request in the description of the related job position and will be asked to send your CV via postal mail (in which a special declaration of consent will be inserted) together with a printed copy of your application. In the absence of a specific request in the description of the job position, any sensitive data entered by the candidate will not be considered and will be deleted immediately.
Rights of concerned persons
You have the right at any time to obtain confirmation of the existence of your personal data, to know its content and origin, to verify its accuracy or request its integration or updating, or correction, as well as the right to request cancellation, transformation into anonymous form or blocking of data processed in violation of the law regarding the protection of personal data, and to oppose in any case, for legitimate reasons, its treatment. This can be done by sending a statement by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or at Costa Crociere SpA Piazza Piccapietra 48, 16121 Genova, Attention: Data Processor Area Human Resources.
“Cookie” technology is used to obtain information about the experience undergone on our website and to allow the operation of some services that need to be identified in the user’s passage through the various pages.
What are cookies?
A “cookie” is information sent from a browser to a server that allows the server to collect information from the browser and vice versa. The cookie will help the web site to recognize your device when the site is visited again. Cookies are used for many functions. For example, they can help us to remember your username and your preferences, analyze the performance of our website or even allow us to recommend content that we think may be of interest.
Our cookies are normally anonymous and cannot be connected to your personal information. First Party Cookies are associated with the domain name of the page you’re visiting and identify the person by means of a cross-reference with our database. They can only be assigned at the express request of users and the purpose of allowing their immediate identification for access to restricted areas of the website, without requiring users to manually enter the login and password. The user identity is never, in any case, included directly in the cookie and cannot be intercepted.
Every time you access the website, regardless of the presence or absence of a cookie, we log your browser type, operating system and the host along with the URL of the visitor source, as well as information on the required page. This data can then be used in an aggregated and anonymous form to perform statistical analysis on the use of the website.
What type of cookies does Costa use?
The cookies used on our website are divided into 4 types: strictly necessary, performance, functionality, and identification. Our site does not collect personal data and information relating to the individual, unless they voluntarily undertake to incorporate them. You can then browse our site without disclosing any identifiable personal information, including your email address. Please note that by choosing to disable cookies, some sections of the website may not work properly.